Kaistraße / Franziusstraße, Düsseldorf, Germany
Quarter at the Martinstraße
Martinstraße, Düsseldorf Unterbilk, Germany
New construction of 113 residential apartments
Start of construction 2022
- Creation of diverse apartment forms and sizes for a broad target group.
- All residential units are barrier-free in accordance with DIN 18040 II.
- Each apartment has a balcony, loggia or roof terrace with a view of the landscaped courtyards.
- The development along the railroad line on the north side serves as noise protection. Here, only the access and storage rooms of the residential units are arranged to act as a noise barrier. This benefits both the interior of the block and the entire surrounding neighborhood. Added value is created for the entire neighborhood.
- Generous terraces will be created in the south of the building complex.
- A total of 113 apartments, 220 bicycle parking spaces and 73 underground car parking spaces will be created.
- Natural roof landscape with extensive greenery.
- Community terrace on flat roof.
- Use of district heating: reduction of the primary energy factor.
- Efficient house standard KfW 55.
- Efficient use of space: desilvering and reuse of fallow land.
- Interdisciplinary, transparent participation with all planning stakeholders.
- Cooperation with local planners.
Marc Böhnke, Mario Reale, Anneke van Zuethem, Claus Centner, Francesca Sergenti, Evelyn Zürn, Kristina Foer, Antje Höger, Lisa Schirk, Matthias Stemmer, Rüdiger Becker, Nita Sula, Klaus Frankenheim
BFT Cognos GmbH (fire prevention), Blinken Töpfer öffentlich bestellte Vermessungsingenieure (surveyor's office), Lindschulte + Kloppe Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH (traffic planning), IBCM Ing. Büro C. Meier VDI (heating/air conditioning/sanitary equipment), Ingenieurbüro Janetzko & Partner (electrical planning), GSE Ingenieur-GmbH (structure planning), ibl Laermann und Freidhof Geo-Consulting GmbH (geotechnical expert), Peutz Consult GmbH (impact protection), Ingenieurbüro Westrup (insulation and energy balancing), e2 energieberatung GmbH (component catalogue), Ingenieurbüro Axel C. Rahn GmbH (sound insulation), SUDDEN Landschaftsarchitekt (landscape design), Garten- und Landschaftsbau GmbH: M. & N. Gilges (garden and landscape planners), HZI Bonn Henneker Zillinger Ingenieure (structural engineer), SLS Ingenieurbüro (safety and health coordination), NOVIA (construction management), Alexander Schmitz (visualization)
The site on Martinstraße in Düsseldorf Unterbilk was originally a completely sealed area with commercial space in the courtyard. The new building will generate living space from the existing fallow land.
Through the construction of diverse residential forms and sizes, a sustainable revitalization will take place through a mixture of uses with residents of different lifestyles. Each apartment will have a balcony, loggia or roof terrace with a view of the green inner courtyard. A green roof terrace and courtyards with communal factors for young and old will serve as a meeting place. By relocating the car parking spaces underground, the neighborhood on Martinstraße is car-free.
Along the railroad line, the development will act as a noise barrier. This will benefit the interior of the block and the entire surrounding neighborhood. Added value will be created for the entire neighborhood.